You can have perfect teeth and the brightest smile that anyone has ever seen, but if your breath is not fresh, it won’t matter. Bad breath affects every interaction you have during your day. Mints, gums, and breath sprays can cover up the scent to an extent, but your breath is still not quite right. There is just something about fresh breath that you can’t get from a gum. Top Clinton Township, MI dentist at Ardelean Family Dentistry can help you get naturally fresh breath with bad breath treatment, so you can put the mints away and live your life freely.
Dr. Ardelean has seen many beautiful smiles ruined over bad breath. What you need to know is that chronic bad breath is something that brushing alone may not get rid of. There are many reasons you could be suffering from bad breath. Dr. Ardelean will help you identify where your breath issues are coming from and develop a bad breath treatment plan to address your problem. At Ardelean Family Dentistry, we won’t let bad breath ruin your smile.
What Is Halitosis?
Halitosis sounds like a scary disease, but it is really just the technical term for bad breath. Halitosis is caused by many different things. Some of them are easily corrected, while others are more difficult to fix. Finding the source of your bad breath is the first thing that Dr. Ardelean will help you do. Once the source is found, Dr. Ardelean will be able to work out the correct bad breath treatment plan to address your breath problem.
Some common causes of bad breath are:
- Bad oral hygiene – Poor oral hygiene is a big contributor to bad breath. Food particles left in your teeth after meals begin to break down in your mouth. Dr. Ardelean will go over different ways to improve the overall health of your mouth and help eliminate your breath issues.
- Bacteria – Bacteria is always present in your mouth, but if it gets out of hand, it can lead to a foul odor in your breath. Dr. Ardelean may recommend an antibacterial mouthwash to help with this issue.
- Gum disease – If left untreated, your gum disease will have far worse consequences than simply fouling your breath. You could suffer from tooth loss and extensive damage to your gums and jawbone. Dr. Ardelean can help treat your gum disease with surgery-free techniques.
- Cavities/tooth decay – Any time there is decay, there will be a smell. A cavity is the space in your tooth that is created by tooth decay. Dr. Ardelean can remove the decay and fill the cavity to prevent any further damage to your tooth and your breath.
- Diet – What you eat has a large effect on your breath. Strong-smelling foods will affect your breath more than other foods. Dr. Ardelean will help you identify the items in your diet that may be contributing to your breath problem.
- Acid reflux – The acids in your stomach do not have the most pleasant aroma, so when they come up during chronic acid reflux, your breath will suffer from it. Dr. Ardelean can help you identify the reason for this problem. Many times it is diet-related.
- Dry mouth – Your saliva plays a role in digesting your food and also washing away food particles and other biological matter from your teeth and gums. Lack of saliva causes this stuff to build up and affect your breath. A saliva test will be able to tell Clinton Township, MI dentist Dr. Ardelean a great deal about what is causing your problem.
Call top Clinton Township, MI dentist Dr. Ardelean today at (586) 465-4505 to schedule an appointment with bad breath treatment and knock out your bad breath for good. If you have questions or want to request an appointment online, you can use our online form, and a member of our staff will be in touch shortly.